"Good relations with the Wookies have I."
I'd heard that Thailand was one of the locations for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and in watching the film, I picked up a certain Thai flavor now and then.
The excellent website, 2Bangkok.com, validates this, identifying Krabi as the Wookiee home planet, Kashyyk.
Additionally, there were references to a planet Utapau. It's a common place name in Thailand, one of them being U-Tapao Naval Airbase, near Sattahip on Rayong province, along the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand. It was once used by the US Air Force B-52s in their missions over Vietnam and Cambodia.
2Bangkok also has a list of the Thailand-based crew used in the "additional photography" shoot:
- Production Services Provided by Santa International Film Productions Co., Ltd. (run by Ratana Pestonji's son, Santa Pestonji)
- Production Manager - Piya Pestonji
- Location Manager - Somchai Santitharangkul
- Director of Photography - Ron Fricke
- Camera Assistant - Teera Boonsri
- Key Grip - Surat Thongwang