Thursday, February 9, 2006

European Film Market entries, Invisible Waves stills


A spurt of Thai film news over at Twitch. I guess the big one is a link to stills of Pen-Ek Ratanaruang's Invisible Waves at Cinempire. They are absolutely gorgeous.

Next is news on the European Film Market, which is a sidebar to the Berlin Film Festival, starting today.

Invisible Waves is in competition at Berlin (and yes yes yes, it's showing at the freaking Bangkok International Film Festival) And Fortissimo Films is selling it at the Film Market.

But the business of trying to sell crappy Thai films to an unsuspecting European public also is being undertaken.

This brings me back to Twitch, which notes that the Thai Charlie's Angels, Dangerous Flowers, and the teen slasher flick Scared are being sold at the European Film Market by Golden Network. Both are fine products from Sahamongkol Films.

I can recommend neither, but that's just me. I've actually seen Dangerous Flowers and wouldn't want to ever again. The Bangkok Post's Kong Rithdee saw it too, though, and I think he actually enjoyed it. Go figure.

And because I'm not a fan of slasher pics, I was too scared to actually see Scared, but the reports I've heard are far from positive.

Though I probably will go to see Dorm.

(Cross-published at Rotten Tomatoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no questions or comments about where to download movies or subtitle files.

Please read the FAQ about Thai films on DVD before asking about where to find a Thai movie on DVD with English subtitles.

Make your comments pertinent to the post you are commenting on. For off-topic comments, general observations or news tips, consider sending an e-mail to me at wisekwai [ a t ] g m a i l [d o t ] c o m.

All comments are moderated. Spam comments will be deleted.