Jakrawal Nilthamrong's latest feature Unreal Forest will screen in Milan at the 20th African, Asian and Latin American Film Festival.
Via production company Extra Virgin, there's a trailer for Unreal Forest at YouTube and it's embedded below.
It's part of the Forget Africa line-up that debuted at the International Film Festival Rotterdam. The 13 films were commissioned by the IFFR and shot in Africa by Asian and Western directors working with local directors. The directors were asked to travel in an African country of their choice and make a film based on their first impressions.
Here's the line-up:
- Cameroon Love Letter (For Solo Piano), Khavn De la Cruz, Philippines (Cameroon)
- Sarah and Omelga and No Woman Born, Tan Chui Mui, Malaysia (South Africa)
- Where Are You Taking Me?, Kimi Takesue, USA (Uganda)
- Walking Is Dancing, Deborah Stratman, USA (Mali)
- BZV, Kevin Jerome Everson, USA (Angola)
- Rwanda: Take Two, Pia Sawhney, USA (Rwanda)
- tranzania. living. room., Uli M. Schüppel, Germany (Tanzania)
- Memories of a Burning Tree, Sherman Ong, Singapore (Tanzania)
- Portrait of a life and a the country, Joanna Arong Vasquez, China & Philippines (Zambia)
- Unreal Forest, Jakrawal Nilthamrong, Thailand (Zambia)
- Nairobi Notes, Edwin, Indonesia (Kenya)
- Slam Video Maputo, Ella Raidel, Austria (Mozambique)
Hope that package stays intact and comes to my neck of the woods. The Milan fest runs from March 15 to 21.
(Via Extra Virgin and e-mailed IFFR press release)