Six short films by Cannes Golden Palm winner Apichatpong Weerasethakul will be presented by the filmmaker himself on Tuesday, July 27 (Buddhist Lent Day, a major Thai public holiday) at SF Cinema City MBK as part of Bioscope magazine's Indy Spirit Project.
The six shorts are:
- Luminous People, a 2007 segment for the State of the World project, which depicts a family spreading a father's ashes during a boat trip on the Mekong. It was also featured at 2008's Traces of Siam Smile exhibition at the Bangkok Art & Culture Centre in 2008.
- My Mother's Garden, a 2007 work commissioned by Christian Dior.
- Windows, from 1999.
- Ghost of Asia, from 2005, part of the Tsunami Digital Short Films that was curated by Apichatpong and screened at the World Film Festival of Bangkok. It's co-directed with Christelle Lheureux and stars Sakda Kaewbuadee as a "ghost" being controlled by seaside urchins.
- Emerald (Morakot), a haunting 2007 work featuring Sakda and Jenjira Pongpas as they inhabit the abandoned Morakot hotel on Bangkok's Soi Thonglor. It was part of the Tomyam Pladib exhibition at the Jim Thompson Art Center in 2008.
- Vampire, a chilling piece done in 2007 for Louis Vuitton, about a hunter tracking a blood-sucking bird. It was featured at last year's Bangkok ... Bananas!! art festival
The show time is 5pm.
Tickets are 150 baht, available by calling (081) 357 2716.