Monday, May 15, 2006

Brett Ratner wants Tony Jaa


Hey, Tony Jaa. Quick, re-arrange your calendar. Brett Ratner wants you to appear in Rush Hour 3, according to Coming Soon.

Ratner's wish list also includes NBA star Yao Ming, Bollywood beauty Aishwarya Rai and the smouldering Gong Li, last seen in Memoirs of a Geisha and soon to be seen in Miami Vice.

Trouble is, Tony Jaa has a full plate already, as he's directing Ong-Bak 2, and will likely move straight on to his next project, Sword.

But Ratner is oblivious to all this and can hardly contain himself.

"I'll tell you who I'm going after," he was quoted as saying. "I want Yao Ming, the basketball player, to be in it. I want to recreate the fight sequence from the Bruce Lee movie [that's Game of Death, Brett] where he fights Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, but I want to do the reverse; I want Chris Tucker to fight Yao Ming. I want that to happen. I want Aishwarya Rai and I would love Gong Li to be in the movie. There's some people that I want, but I don't know if I'll be able to get them. Tony Jaa I want, too. I love him."

Rush Hour 3, the long-talked-about third installment in the buddy-cop franchise featuring a motor-mouthed wiseacre LA cop (Chris Tucker) and a stoic Hong Kong detective who's a martial arts expert, played by Jackie Chan. It starts filming this summer in New York and Paris, despite that Jackie is less than enthused to be a part of the proceedings.

(Cross-published at Rotten Tomatoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no questions or comments about where to download movies or subtitle files.

Please read the FAQ about Thai films on DVD before asking about where to find a Thai movie on DVD with English subtitles.

Make your comments pertinent to the post you are commenting on. For off-topic comments, general observations or news tips, consider sending an e-mail to me at wisekwai [ a t ] g m a i l [d o t ] c o m.

All comments are moderated. Spam comments will be deleted.