Monday, December 24, 2007

Lena Christensen in Bombay to Bangkok

Lena Christensen is starring in a Bollywood film, Nagesh Kukunoor’s Bombay to Bangkok. She's playing a Thai massage girl.

A Thai TV presenter (she hosts an aerobics exercise program) and singer, Lena co-starred in one of my favorite films, SARS Wars, playing Dr. Diana, the love interest for Suthep Po-Ngam's character. Memorably, she played a genius doctor wearing a white lab coat, who stripped it off to reveal undergarments made of black PVC, accessorized by spikes and chains.

From the Times of India:

The casting happened in Thailand. Nagesh came there looking for the female lead for his film and I auditioned for the part. I consider myself very lucky as he chose me out of around 200 people. I was reluctant in the beginning as the character required a traditional Thai English accent and my accent is Americanised. But I think it was easier to communicate for both Nagesh and me as I understood him very well. I thought he would be this serious person but I found out that he was fun. He let me be myself.

Actually there's a lot of activity by the Bollywood industry in Thailand, which is a prime location for Hindi films and music videos. There's so much going on in fact, it's hard to keep track of and assign any importance. But this recent bit caught my eye.

(Via 2bangkok.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no questions or comments about where to download movies or subtitle files.

Please read the FAQ about Thai films on DVD before asking about where to find a Thai movie on DVD with English subtitles.

Make your comments pertinent to the post you are commenting on. For off-topic comments, general observations or news tips, consider sending an e-mail to me at wisekwai [ a t ] g m a i l [d o t ] c o m.

All comments are moderated. Spam comments will be deleted.