Just a bit more followup on the Bangkok International Film Festival bribery scandal:
- The festival's former president and former governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Juthamas Siriwan, has resigned as deputy leader and member of the Puea Pandin (For the Motherland) Party. She was running for Parliament in Sunday's general election.
- Thailand's Department of Special Investigation will be looking into the case, as will the National Counter Corruption Commission.
- A Nation editorial notes that this isn't the first instance of corruption in Thailand that has first been exposed by the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Previously, the US-based InVision company had paid bribes to get Thai officials to buy their bomb detectors for Suvarnabhumi Airport.
- Whither the Bangkok International Film Festival?
- Bribery scandal hits Bangkok International Film Festival
- Bangkok bribery scandal (at Kaiju Shakedown)
- Who is Craig Prater? (at Thailand Jumped the Shark)
- Festival Management website