Awhile back I posted about Chocolate star Jeeja appearing on Channel 5's Jorjai variety talk show, and I figured that clips from the show wouldn't be long in showing up on YouTube.
So here they are, featuring Yanin "Jeeja" Wismitanant, with her charming smile and patient demeanor, showing her stuff - breaking boards, kicking stuff off the tops of her fellow stunt actors' heads and putting on a live sparring session. Surely, when Chocolate starts to make its way to screenings overseas, Jeeja will go on a promotional tour, similar to what Tony Jaa did with Ong-Bak and Tom Yum Goong? Unless it interferes with her university studies, of course. But I can't think of a cultural ambassador who would be more beguiling or effective. Say, for example, somebody says something bad about Thailand, maybe she could administer a gentle kick upside the head?
Chocolate topped the Thai box office for the second weekend in a row last weekend. Will it hold on for a third, or will it be topped by Jumper, the Hollywood flick that is the biggest release this week? Or maybe Handle Me With Care will draw audiences, wanting to glimpse the freak show of a man with three arms?
- Chocolate on Valentine's Day
- Bittersweet Chocolate
- Weinsteins gobble up Chocolate
- Another bite of Chocolate, other Thai films at the European Film Market
- Review: Chocolate
- Chocolate: The press premiere
- Chocolate star has a new name, but just call her Jeeja
- Chocolate website goes live, really
- Chocolate star on the talk show circuit
- Chocolate release date moved up to February 6, going head-to-head with Stephen Chow's CJ7
- Chocolate: The comic book
- Promo reel for Chocolate