Wonderful and Flower then shared the Tiger Awards at this year's International Film Festival Rotterdam (also with a third film, Go With Peace Jamal by Omar Shargawi).
Now they have tied for another award -- second prize at the Deauville Asian Film Festival, which just wrapped up on Sunday.
The top prize at the Deauville fest went to With a Girl of Black Soil by Korea's Jeon Soo-il.
Pen-ek Ratanaruang's Ploy was also in the main features competition.
The best action film was Assembly by Feng Xiaogang. Thailand's Opapatika was also in the action competition.
Wonderful Town is also playing at the Hong Kong International Film Festival, which begins today. The film is also featured in the New Directors/New Films program, running from March 26 to April 6 at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- Festival press release (PDF)
- Ploy, Wonderful Town, Opapatika in Deauville
- Full house for Thai films in Hong Kong
- Wonderful Town at New York's New Directors/New Films
- Kino goes to Wonderful Town
- Wonderful Town, Flower in the Pocket share honors again in Rotterdam
- Berlin is Wonderful Town