Here is what the TAT website says:
Once again, the Royal Thai Government and the Tourism Authority of Thailand are delighted to welcome film-makers from all over the world and international performing artists, especially from Hollywood. At the Bangkok International Film Festival not only will major studios and independent film enterprises premiere their films for Asia, but they will also attend the exhibition of “Location Thailand and Film Tech.” Here, marketing and business opportunities await those in the competitive film industry.
Viewers will enjoy an exciting exhibition of spectacular posters that will be available along with seminars and conferences related to motion pictures. Special tours will be offered, while music fans will be enchanted by jazz concerts which add a special flavour to the event.
This is the first I'd heard that the festival will indeed be happening this year, after the uncertainty during last year's festival that it would continue, the reported transfer of the festival to the Department of Export Promotion and then the bribery scandal.
I wonder who's programming the festival? And, I wonder what were the results of the Department of Special Investigation's probe into the festival scandal?
- Thai agency wraps up film festival probe
- Producer, wife plead not guilty in Bangkok International Film Festival bribery scandal
- Indictments handed down in Bangkok International Film Festival bribe scandal
- Sweeping away the scandal
- More on the Bangkok International Film Festival bribery scandal
- Whither the Bangkok International Film Festival?
- Bribery scandal hits Bangkok International Film Festival