Thai filmmaker Nonzee Nimibutr is part of the jury for the Asian New Talent Award at the 12th Shanghai International Film Festival.
The Asian New Talent panel will be headed by South Korean filmmaker Im Kwon-taek and also includes Chinese actress Yu Nan, Chinese director Zhu Wen and Singaporean director Royston Tan.
The Asian New Talent competition films are:
- Days with You, directed by Amiy Mori, Japan
- Prince of Cockfighting, directed by Yeng Grande, Philippines
- Vacation, directed by Kadoi Hajime, Japan
- A Wednesday, directed by Neeraj Pandey, India
- Be Calm and Count to 7, directed by Ramtin lavafipour, Iran
- Scandal Makers, directed by Hyeong-Cheol Kang, South Korea
- The Days, directed by Boi Kwong, Singapore
- Jalainur, directed by Zhao Ye, China
- Walk to School, directed by Peng Jia Huang and Peng Chen, China
Shanghai's main international Golden Goblet competition will be judged by a panel headed by Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle, with filmmaker Huang Jianxin, actress Andie MacDowell, director Andrew Lau, director Xavier Koller, actress Komaki Kurihara and producer Oh Jung-wan.
The 12th Shanghai International Film Festival runs runs from June 13 to 21.
Update: Screen Daily and Variety have articles on the jury selection.
(Via EastDay, photo via The Nation by Kunlaphun Sirimamporn)