After premiering last month in Chiang Mai, Nitchapoom Chaianun brings his new documentary, I Am the Director to Bangkok.
Nitchapoom interviews nine filmmakers -- five established helmers and four aspiring directors.
The five “heavyweights” are:
- Sakchai Deenan (Sabaidee Luang Prabang)
- Aditya Assarat (Wonderful Town)
- Wittaya Tong-U-Yong (The Possible Kao ... Kao, Fan Chan)
- Chookiat Sakveerakul (The Love of Siam)
- Komkrit Treewimol (Fan Chan, Dear Dakanda)
The “lightweights” are Uten Sririwi, Supakit Seksuwan, Harin Paesongthai and Pitchaay Jarussboonpracha.
It's showing at 7 tonight (May 15) in the William Warren Library at the Jim Thompson Art Centre as part of the Third Class Citizen’s monthly film series.
Check out the trailer.
(Via Deknang; cross-published at Bangkok Cinema Scene)