Thursday, July 16, 2009

Raging Phoenix ready to explode


A press confernce with Jeeja Yanin about her new movie Du Suay Dua (สุดสวิง, English title: Raging Phoenix) took place in Bangkok today. It was at 6pm in the Grand Hall at the Esplanade Cineplex. I wasn't able to be there. Most of those functions tend to resemble a three-ring circus or rugby scrum more than a press conference.

Nonetheless, with the release of more posters and Jeeja looking mean as hell, I'm getting pretty stoked about Raging Phoenix. I'm ready for a solid helping of decent Thai action and I like what I've seen so far. Hip-hop and martial arts (or rock drumming) might actually be cool.

Aside from picking up my jaw up off the floor, just from watching Jeeja in that backbreaking balletic handstand at the beginning of the teaser, I'm flat-out amazed Raging Phoenix is coming out so fast. It wasn't that long ago that the production was announced, and I guess I'm used to films of this nature taking the better part of a year to come out. But Jeeja and director Rashane Limtrakul are striking while the iron is hot.

Update: The full trailer is unveiled (via AHT and Popcornmag, embedded below). You can see more how the B-boy breakdancing moves are incorporated. I think Jeeja's ballet training is coming into play here too. I'm down with it.

Du Suay Dua opens in Thai cinemas on August 12.



(Via Deknang/Popcornmag)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no questions or comments about where to download movies or subtitle files.

Please read the FAQ about Thai films on DVD before asking about where to find a Thai movie on DVD with English subtitles.

Make your comments pertinent to the post you are commenting on. For off-topic comments, general observations or news tips, consider sending an e-mail to me at wisekwai [ a t ] g m a i l [d o t ] c o m.

All comments are moderated. Spam comments will be deleted.