Uruphong Raksasad's documentary-style drama Agrarian Utopia won the top Golden Hanoman and the NETPAC award at the fourth Jogja-NETPAC Asian Film Festival, which was held August 4 to 8 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Here's the list of winners:
- Golden Hanoman: Agrarian Utopia (Uruphong Raksasad, Thailand)
- Silver Hanoman: Slingshot Hiphop (Jackie Salloum, Palestine)
- NETPAC Award: Agrarian Utopia (Uruphong Raksasad , Thailand)
- Geber Award: The Goat (Adolfo Alix Jr., Philippines)
- Blencong Award: A la Folie (Sanif Olex , Singapore)
Also playing in the festival was Bangkok-based British filmmaker Zoe Popham's My Talking Dic. It was in the Light of Asia shorts selection.
Ananda Everingham's Laotian-Thai romance Good Morning Luang Prabang (which has a sequel in the works) was in the Asian Feature selection alongside Agrarian Utopia.
In the Selected Program highlighting Singaporean distribution house Objectifs Films was Aditya Assarat's 2003 short film Waiting.
After winning a NETPAC Award at the Brisbane festival, Agrarian Utopia is circling closer and closer to Bangkok.