I have now actually seen Aditya Assarat's Wonderful Town. This acclaimed film finally premiered in Thailand, playing last night for a packed-out audience of press, indie-film supporters and VIPs at SF World Cinema in Bangkok as the first film in the Director's Screen series. I'm taking a break from writing a more detailed review, so for now I'll just say that it lives up to the praise it has been receiving since it premiered last year at the Pusan International Film Festival.
As for the San Francisco International Film Festival awards, the Chronicle has the complete list of awards and Hell on Frisco Bay has some commentary about it.
- Wonderful Town opens in Bangkok on May 15
- Wonderful Town heads to San Francisco
- Wonderful Town reviewed in New York
- Wonderful Town wins Fipresci award in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong roundup, Wonderful Town, Handle Me With Care reviewed
- Wonderful Town, Flower in the Pocket share prizes at Deauville
- Kino goes to Wonderful Town
- Wonderful Town, Flower in the Pocket share honors again in Rotterdam
(Photo: Aditya Assarat, left, SF Cinema marketing executive Suphat Ngamwongpaibool and Pimpaka Towira, right, at the Director's Screen press premiere at SF World Cinema.)