Chocolate opened today in Singapore, and ahead of the movie's opening there, action star Yanin "Jeeja" (or is it "Jija"?) Vismitanada has been making the rounds with the local media.
In an interview with the Electric New Paper, she talked about how her tough image, plus the demands of making movies, have made it hard for her to meet guys. Here's an excerpt from the interview (cache):
That's my problem!" the 1.62m-tall Jija, who is single, joked in English. "I need to change my image and become more feminine," she added.
Jija told The New Paper that she has been so busy training for the movie in the last four years that she had no time to meet any guys.
The 24-year-old used to spend nine hours in the gym every day, training in taekwondo, Muay Thai boxing and gymnastics.
Even now, she claims she still trains nine hours a day to stay in shape.
Only on Sundays can she go out with friends or go shopping (her favourite mall is Siam Square in Bangkok).
"Sometimes I think I'm a sports girl, not an actress," she joked.
Jeeja also hints that her next movie will give her a chance to display her dramatic chops, and will have elements of romance. "It's a secret," she told the New Paper. However, Jija Yanin Fan's Board has rumors of a project to be directed by Rachain Limtakoon and possibly co-starring Dan Chupong.
The New Paper interview is quite long, and well worth reading if you're fan of Jeeja, or want some insight into the celebrity-making machine of Thai showbiz.
- Singapore loads up on Chocolate
- Chocolate out on DVD in Thailand, coming to theaters in Singapore
- Jeeja profile
- Chocolate rated Category IIB in Hong Kong
- Chocolate ready to begin international onslaught
- Three more Jeeja clips
- Chocolate star on the talk show circuit: The clips
- Chocolate on Valentine's Day
- Bittersweet Chocolate
- Weinsteins gobble up Chocolate
- Another bite of Chocolate, other Thai films at the European Film Market
- Review: Chocolate
- Chocolate: The press premiere
- Chocolate star has a new name, but just call her Jeeja
- Chocolate website goes live, really
- Chocolate star on the talk show circuit
- Chocolate release date moved up to February 6, going head-to-head with Stephen Chow's CJ7
- Chocolate: The comic book
- Promo reel for Chocolate